Re: BUG #15343: Segmentation fault using pg_dump with --exclude-table if table contains identity column

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, ND Abelisto <abelisto(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15343: Segmentation fault using pg_dump with --exclude-table if table contains identity column
Date: 2018-08-22 05:24:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 03:01:49PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 21/08/2018 13:12, David Rowley wrote:
>> I've attached what I had in mind. The header comment for
>> getOwnedSeqs() gives me the impression this is the best place to
>> locate this code.
>
> Yes, that looks good to me.

This got through the TAP tests because exclude_test_table only considers
dump_test.test_table as the table to exclude when processing the dumps.
I have tried to plug in a new column into this relation but that's
proving to be a hassle with a lot of test dependencies in need to be
changed. Trying to add a new field in full_runs is also a PITA, as that
means adding a bunch of individual markers for each test. The nicest
way I could think of would be to be able to pass down parameters to a
given run flag, but that would require more infrastructure. I have
checked as well if an identity column within a table's extension, and
that's working as expected.

So committed the proposed fix and back-patched down to 10.
--
Michael