Re: print_path is missing GatherMerge and CustomScan support

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: print_path is missing GatherMerge and CustomScan support
Date: 2018-07-19 00:58:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 03:22:02PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Good catch. Those should be backpatched. While I am looking at this
> stuff, I have noticed that pathnode.c/reparameterize_path_by_child uses
> T_MergeAppend and not T_MergeAppendPath.

Okay, I have checked the full list of path nodes and the two ones you
mentioned are the only missing. CustomPath has been added in 9.5, so
this has been patched down to this version. GatherMergePath is new as
of 10.

The order of the items in print_path and nodes.h was a bit messed up as
well which made unnecessarily harder to check the list, so I fixed the
order at the same time to ease future lookups and back-patching effort.
--
Michael