Re: Capitalization of the name OpenSSL

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Capitalization of the name OpenSSL
Date: 2018-06-28 02:54:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 12:16:52AM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Skimming over SSL code and docs I noticed that we almost always properly
> capitalize “OpenSSL" when referring to the name of the library, using "openssl”
> for when referring to the cli application. The attached patch fixes the few
> occurrences where the name is referred to, but which aren’t spelled “OpenSSL”.
> Also moves the link to openssl.org to using https:// as it redirects anyways.

I see more that 860 references to openssl as lower case with lots of
noise around file names and translations. And I can see that you missed
two of them:

contrib/pgcrypto/openssl.c: * Check if strong crypto is supported. Some
openssl installations

src/interfaces/libpq/fe-secure-openssl.c:/* This should exactly match
openssl's SSL_set_fd except for using my BIO */

I don't think that the comments are worth bothering for anything else
than HEAD, now should the doc changes be back-patched? I would tend to
do so.
--
Michael