Re: pg_rewind and postgresql.conf

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: isaac(dot)morland(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_rewind and postgresql.conf
Date: 2018-05-04 13:08:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Even if so, using the ALTER SYSTEM command after pg_rewind might be an easy
> way of correcting the port back to what you want without doing more
> complicated processing or re-writing the entire postgresql.conf.

To make ALTER SYSTEM works, the server needs to start up in the first
place. But without changing the port number, it's impossible to start
the server in some cases. In my case, I create several PostgreSQL
database clusters on single server by assigning different port
numbers. If the port number is already used by other server (in
pg_rewind case the source server aparently uses the port), the rewound
server won't start up.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii