Re: community bonding

From: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Charles Cui <charles(dot)cui1984(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru, x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru
Subject: Re: community bonding
Date: 2018-04-24 09:07:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Charles,

> Thanks for selecting my project as one of GSoC student projects! Pretty
> exciting and honor to join the development for PostgreSQL (the best
> database in the world :)).

Welcome!

> 1. What ide or command line tools do you guys used most for PostgreSQL
> development?

Personally I prefer Vim. Sublime Text and Visual Studio Code are fine too.

> 2. What version control do you use for postgres? Is github acceptable?

Github is OK.

> 3. How do you look at code in PostgreSQL code base? do you have cross
> function reference where I can search function and definition online?

Vim + Ctags. Editors like Sublime Text and Visual Studio Code have
features like "goto definition" out-of-the-box.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask!

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev