Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)redhat(dot)com>, Rajkumar Raghuwanshi <rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning
Date: 2018-04-07 12:23:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Amit Langote wrote:

> See if the attached makes it any better.
>
> Now I know we don't have the runtime pruning in yet, but since the
> proposed patch would extend its functionality I have included its
> description in the comment.

Thanks!

I edited it as attached, to 1. avoid mentioning functionality that
doesn't yet exist, and 2. avoid excessive internal detail (we want a
high-level overview here), which from experience gets outdated pretty
quickly.

Attachment Content-Type Size
expand-partprune-header-comment-2.patch text/plain 2.3 KB