Re: Wiki editor request: Fixing Sequences

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Joe Krill <joe(at)joekrill(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wiki editor request: Fixing Sequences
Date: 2018-03-27 20:16:55
Lists: pgsql-www

Joe Krill wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My wiki account name is JoeK
>
> I was hoping to share an updated Fixing Sequences query (
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Fixing_Sequences). We tried to use the
> query as it currently stands and ran into a handful of problems.

You're an editor now. I think your proposed query will fail if you have
a default sequence in a different schema than the table it's default
for; watch out for that case. Also, I propose that instead of || and
quote_foo(), the function "format" and cast of the pg_class.oid column to
regclass result in easier-to-read code.

Thanks