Re: Transform for pl/perl

From: Anthony Bykov <a(dot)bykov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Transform for pl/perl
Date: 2018-03-12 08:08:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 14:03:37 +0100
Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am looking on this patch. I found few issues:
>
> 1. compile warning
>
> I../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/include/libxml2
> -I/usr/lib64/perl5/CORE -c -o jsonb_plperl.o jsonb_plperl.c
> jsonb_plperl.c: In function ‘SV_FromJsonbValue’:
> jsonb_plperl.c:69:9: warning: ‘result’ may be used uninitialized in
> this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
> return result;
> ^~~~~~
> jsonb_plperl.c: In function ‘SV_FromJsonb’:
> jsonb_plperl.c:142:9: warning: ‘result’ may be used uninitialized in
> this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
> return result;
> ^~~~~~
>
> 2. bad comment
>
> /*
> * SV_ToJsonbValue
> *
> * Transform Jsonb into SV --- propably reverse direction
> */
>

> /*
> * HV_ToJsonbValue
> *
> * Transform Jsonb into SV
> */
>
> /*
> * plperl_to_jsonb(SV *in)
> *
> * Transform Jsonb into SV
> */
>
> 3. Do we need two identical tests fro PLPerl and PLPerlu? Why?
>
> Regards
>
> Pavel

Hello, thanks for reviewing my patch! I really appreciate it.

That warnings are created on purpose - I was trying to prevent the case
when new types are added into pl/perl, but new transform logic was not.
Maybe there is a better way to do it, but right now I'll just add the
"default: pg_unreachable" logic.

About the 3 point - I thought that plperlu and plperl uses different
interpreters. And if they act identically on same examples - there
is no need in identical tests for them indeed.

Point 2 is fixed in this version of the patch.

Please, find in attachments a new version of the patch.

--
Anthony Bykov
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-jsonb_plperl-extension-v8.patch text/x-patch 32.4 KB