Re: GSOC 2018 proposal

From: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Charles Cui <charles(dot)cui1984(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GSOC 2018 proposal
Date: 2018-03-12 08:25:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Charles,

> I am currently preparing a proposal for pg_thrift project. I noticed
> that there are several protocols supported by thrift, which ones do we
> have higher priority? I mean which ones I need to implement during
> this project?

Binary protocols, i.e. TBinaryProtocol and TCompactProtocol. The first
one is a bit faster but more redundant, the second one is slower but
more compact. It's your choice which one to implement first, but at
least one binary protocol should be fully supported (ideally - both).

As far as I'm aware other protocols are rarely used and are not fully
implemented in most existing libraries.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev