Re: [patch] BUG #15005: ANALYZE can make pg_class.reltuples inaccurate.

From: David Gould <daveg(at)sonic(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Alina Alexeeva <alexeeva(at)adobe(dot)com>, Ullas Lakkur Raghavendra <lakkurra(at)adobe(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [patch] BUG #15005: ANALYZE can make pg_class.reltuples inaccurate.
Date: 2018-03-08 02:27:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 06 Mar 2018 11:16:04 -0500

> so that we can decide whether this bug is bad enough to justify
> back-patching a behavioral change. I remain concerned that the proposed
> fix is too simplistic and will have some unforeseen side-effects, so
> I'd really rather just put it in HEAD and let it go through a beta test
> cycle before it gets loosed on the world.

It happens to us fairly regularly and causes lots of problems. However,
I'm agreeable to putting it in head for now, my client can build from
source to pick up this patch until that ships, but doesn't want to maintain
their own fork forever. That said, if it does get though beta I'd hope we
could back-patch at that time.

-dg

--
David Gould daveg(at)sonic(dot)net