Re: JIT compiling with LLVM v9.1

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JIT compiling with LLVM v9.1
Date: 2018-01-29 09:53:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2018-01-23 23:20:38 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> == Code ==
>
> As the patchset is large (500kb) and I'm still quickly evolving it, I do
> not yet want to attach it. The git tree is at
> https://git.postgresql.org/git/users/andresfreund/postgres.git
> in the jit branch
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=users/andresfreund/postgres.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jit

I've just pushed an updated and rebased version of the tree:
- Split the large "jit infrastructure" commits into a number of smaller
commits
- Split the C++ file
- Dropped some of the performance stuff done to heaptuple.c - that was
mostly to make performance comparisons a bit more interesting, but
doesn't seem important enough to deal with.
- Added a commit renaming datetime.h symbols so they don't conflict with
LLVM variables anymore, removing ugly #undef PM/#define PM dance
around includes. Will post separately.
- Reduced the number of pointer constants in the generated LLVM IR, by
doing more getelementptr accesses (stem from before the time types
were automatically synced)
- Increased number of comments a bit

There's a jit-before-rebase-2018-01-29 tag, for the state of the tree
before the rebase.

Regards,

Andres