Re: Transform for pl/perl

From: Anthony Bykov <a(dot)bykov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Transform for pl/perl
Date: 2017-11-27 10:24:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 08:58:54 +0000
Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:

> The following review has been posted through the commitfest
> application: make installcheck-world: tested, passed
> Implements feature: tested, passed
> Spec compliant: tested, passed
> Documentation: tested, passed
>
> Hello Anthony,
>
> Great patch! Everything is OK and I almost agree with Pavel.
>
> The only thing that I would like to suggest is to add a little more
> tests for various corner cases. For instance:
>
> 1. Converting in both directions (Perl <-> JSONB) +/- infinity, NaN,
> MAX_INT, MIN_INT.
>
> 2. Converting in both directions strings that contain non-ASCII
> (Russian / Japanese / etc) characters and special characters like \n,
> \t, \.
>
> 3. Make sure that converting Perl objects that are not representable
> in JSONB (blessed hashes, file descriptors, regular expressions, ...)
> doesn't crash everything and shows a reasonable error message.
>
> The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author

Hello Aleksander,
Thank you for your review.

I've added more tests and I had to change behavior of transform when
working with not-representable-in-JSONB format objects - now it will
through an exception. You can find an example in tests.

Please, find the 4-th version of patch in attachments.

--
Anthony Bykov
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-jsonb_plperl-extension-v4.patch text/x-patch 31.2 KB