Re: Need help finding all possible parameters for wal_level

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: None <espressobeanies(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pantelis Theodosiou <ypercube(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need help finding all possible parameters for wal_level
Date: 2017-09-01 15:55:07
Lists: pgsql-docs

None wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thank you. I'm using 9.6. I found all the available options in the
> 'postgresql.conf' file on the server itself. The explanations are good, but
> I was looking for something like this:
>
> # minimal, archive, hot_standby, or logical
>
> I saw the 'replica' option in the documentation, but not in the conf file
> itself, so I dunno if it's supported.

Hmm. Commit b555ed810267 (in 9.6) removed values 'archive' and
'hot_standby' and introduced 'replica' to substitute them, and updated
postgresql.conf.sample to account for that. If you're using a
postgresql.conf file that has the outdated comment, I'm guessing that
the conf file was copied from an older installation somehow (which is
very common since the file largely remains compatible).