Notice message of ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... RERESH PUBLICATIION

From: Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2017-07-28 00:51:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

When we run ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH PUBLICATION and there is
an unkown table at local, it says;

NOTICE: added subscription for table public.tbl

I feel this a bit misleading because it says a subscription is added
but actually new subscription object is not created. Of cause, I can
understand the intention this message says, but I feel that
it is better to use other expression. For example, how about saying

NOTICE: table public.tbl is added to subscription sub1

as proposed in the attached patch. This also fixes the message
when a table is removed from a subscription.

Regards,

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>

Attachment Content-Type Size