Re: Improvement in log message of logical replication worker

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Improvement in log message of logical replication worker
Date: 2017-05-20 04:58:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Umm, just skimming here -- this patch shows some LOG messages using
elog() rather than ereport(), which seems bogus to me.

Also:
"logical replication table synchronization worker for subscription \"%s\", table \"%s\" has started"
surely there is a more convenient name than "logical replication table
synchronization worker" for this process? I think just getting rid of
the words "logical replication" there would be sufficient, since we
don't have the concept of "table synchronization worker" in any other
context.

More generally, the overall wording of this message seems a bit off.
How about something along the lines of
"starting synchronization for table \"%s\" in subscription \"%s\""
?