Re: Row Level Security UPDATE Confusion

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Rod Taylor <rod(dot)taylor(at)gmail(dot)com>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Row Level Security UPDATE Confusion
Date: 2017-05-05 16:10:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Rod, Robert,

> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
> > I agreed already up-thread that there's an issue there and will be
> > looking to fix it. That comment was simply replying to Rod's point that
> > the documentation could also be improved.
>
> OK, thanks. The wrap for the next set of minor releases is, according
> to my understanding, scheduled for Monday, so you'd better jump on
> this soon if you're hoping to get a fix out this time around.

The attached patch against master fixes this issue. Rod, if you get a
chance, would be great for you to check that you no longer see a
difference between the single ALL policy and the split SELECT/UPDATE
policies.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size
rls_fix_all_policy_using_check-v1-master.patch text/x-diff 4.0 KB