WITH clause in CREATE STATISTICS

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WITH clause in CREATE STATISTICS
Date: 2017-04-20 21:24:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Simon just pointed out that having the WITH clause appear in the middle
of the CREATE STATISTICS command looks odd; apparently somebody else
already complained on list about the same. Other commands put the WITH
clause at the end, so perhaps we should do likewise in the new command.

Here's a patch to implement that. I verified that if I change
qualified_name to qualified_name_list, bison does not complain about
conflicts, so this new syntax should support extension to multiple
relations without a problem.

Discuss.

Attachment Content-Type Size
mvstats-with-end.patch text/plain 4.8 KB