Re: contrib modules and relkind check

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: contrib modules and relkind check
Date: 2017-03-09 21:48:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Amit, Michael,

* Amit Langote (Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp) wrote:
> On 2017/03/09 11:51, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > OK, I am marking that as ready for committer.
>
> Thanks.

Thanks for this, I've pushed this now. I do have a few notes about
changes that I made from your patch;

- Generally speaking, the user-facing functions come first in these .c
files, with a prototype at the top for the static functions defined
later on in the file. I went ahead and did that for the functions you
added too.

- I added more comments to the regression tests, in particular, we
usually comment when tests are expected to fail.

- I added some additional regression tests to cover more cases,
particularly ones for things that weren't being tested at all.

- Not the fault of your patch, but there were cases where elog() was
being used when it really should have been ereport(), so I changed
those cases to all be, hopefully, consistent throughout.

Thanks again!

Stephen