Re: rename pg_log directory?

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: rename pg_log directory?
Date: 2017-02-27 14:43:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 09:05:16AM -0500, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> How about changing the default for log_directory from 'pg_log' to, say,
> 'log'?

+1

A lot of work has already gone into this release to clarify what
things are PostgreSQL internals and which ones are not. This will
help.

Yes, monitoring tools will need to take this into account. The people
this will help will be the majority of our users, namely people who
have yet to adopt PostgreSQL[1].

Best,
David.

[1] The project could fail completely next week, making our past and
current users could be the majority, but that would be very sad.

Remember to vote!