Re: Possible spelling fixes

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Josh Soref <jsoref(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible spelling fixes
Date: 2017-02-06 02:15:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2017-02-05 21:05:50 -0500, Josh Soref wrote:
> Could someone please review the changes I have [3] and suggest a
> series of commits that this project might like?

I think the current split seem excessive... I'd suggest splitting
things first into:
- straight up spelling/typo fixes in comments etc.
- straight up spelling/typo fixes in variable names etc
- straight up spelling/typo fixes that are API relevant
- the same split for stuff more dependenant on taste

Then afterwards we can see what's remaining.

> A complete diff would be roughly 130k. I've recently tried to submit a
> similarly sized patch to another project and it was stuck in
> moderation (typically mailing lists limit attachments to around 40k).

IIRC 130k shouln't get you stuck in filters yet - if you're concerned
you can gzip the individual patches.

> I understand that people
> don't care about diffstats (I certainly don't), but for reference
> collectively this encompasses 175 files and 305 lines.

FWIW, I do ;)

Greetings,

Andres Freund