Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: test_pg_dump TAP test whitespace cleanup

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: test_pg_dump TAP test whitespace cleanup
Date: 2017-01-30 20:08:29
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

* Alvaro Herrera (alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com) wrote:
> Stephen Frost wrote:
> > * Alvaro Herrera (alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com) wrote:
>
> > > This will be undone by the next perltidy run.
> >
> > Ugh.
> >
> > I certainly hope what was there before wasn't the result of a perltidy
> > run as it was quite ugly and inconsistent..
>
> Maybe it was. I checked the diff after running perltidy after your
> commit and there are some changes that look like a reversion of your
> changes, but I don't know if there are other changes.

Uh, after finding our perltidyrc and running with that, I have to ask,
why are we setting vertical-tightness to 2 (never break before a closing
token)? The default of 0 (always break) end up being a lot nicer when
working on lists. Stacking isolated opening/closing tokens does make
sense, to me, at least. Then again, I guess those might screw up other
bits of code. :/

Sigh.

Thanks!

Stephen