Re: COPY command with RLS bug

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Adam Brightwell <adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydata(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: COPY command with RLS bug
Date: 2016-09-30 18:11:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Adam, Michael,

* Adam Brightwell (adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydata(dot)com) wrote:
> > Looking for and improving test coverage for RLS is a good suggestion,
> > but let's not link the fate of the issue reported here with this
> > requirement. I have spent some time looking at this patch and this
> > looks in rather good shape to me (you even remembered to use the
> > prefix regress_* for the role name that you are adding!). So I have
> > marked this bug fix as ready for committer.
>
> Excellent, thanks for the review and feedback. I appreciate it.

Attached is an updated patch which fixes a few things and adds a few
regression tests. In particular, 'location' should be set to -1 as this
is an internally-generated query and there's no location inside the
query string passed in by the user that would make sense (and we
shouldn't ever end up in a situation where this query is failing in a
way that it would make sense to report a location to the user, either).
Also fixed a comment or two.

Comments and testing welcome, of course, though it's looking pretty good
to me at this point and I'll likely commit it in another day or two
unless issues are found.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size
copy-rls-fix-v2.patch text/x-diff 7.8 KB