BUG #14312: Hardcoded dbname on test_postmaster_connection

From: hernan(dot)bazan(at)intel(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #14312: Hardcoded dbname on test_postmaster_connection
Date: 2016-09-05 14:51:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 14312
Logged by: Hernan Bazan
Email address: hernan(dot)bazan(at)intel(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.14
Operating system: MLOS

When calling "pg_ctl start", providing a storage area (-D), the connection
test uses a hardcoded dbname (dbname=postgres), causing an error message:

no pg_hba.conf entry for host "[local]", user "xxxxx", database "postgres",
SSL off

Because we deleted that DB. There is no way to define a different DB to test
the connection.
Is the deletion of postgres DB supported?
This causes the error message to appear but postgresql starts OK an we can
connect to our DB with no issues, but we'd like to avoid questions about the
error message.