Re: BUG #14310: Triggers do not fire

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: iurii(dot)i(dot)popov(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #14310: Triggers do not fire
Date: 2016-09-05 15:05:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

iurii(dot)i(dot)popov(at)gmail(dot)com writes:
> We have a repeating problem with triggers and handles in foreign keys since
> we have updated PostgreSQL.

> There are two projects with PostgreSQL 9.2.17 and 9.4.9 respectively. We do
> not have the problem with 9.2.16 and 9.4.4 versions.

> By accident a BEFORE INSERT FOR EACH ROW triggers do not fire and handles in
> foreign keys (ON DELETE SET NULL and ON DELETE CASCADE) do not fire.

> If we do actions by hands (INSERT or DELETE) everything works but with
> people online we have this problem by accident.

This is not enough information for anyone to reproduce your problem, or
even really to understand what you're talking about.

For hints on how to submit a useful bug report, please see

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/bug-reporting.html

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems