Re: handling unconvertible error messages

From: Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: handling unconvertible error messages
Date: 2016-08-08 09:22:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 17:18:21 +0900 (Tokyo Standard Time)
Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> I'm not sure what messages may be raised before authentication
> but it can be a more generic-solution. (Adding check during
> on-session.)

Definitely, there can be authentication error message, which is sent if
authentication didn't happen. Also, as far as I understand, message
"Database ... doesn't exists" is also send before authentication.

Also, there are CancelRequests, where normal authentication is not
used, and server key, provided in another session used instead.