Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump
Date: 2016-05-06 20:18:17
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:

> > The intagg contrib modules doesn't have a .c file either, nor a
> > MODULES_big line, and I don't see any errors with it. I'm not terribly
> > familiar with how the Windows builds are run though.
>
> It looks like there's an exclude list that intagg is on for the MSVC
> build animals, presumably because it doesn't have a .c file to be
> compiled.
>
> I'm guessing the right answer here is to just add test_pg_dump to that
> list.

I don't like this solution, because it means pg_dump will get little
testing on Windows. I agree with reverting now and figuring out a way
to enable this test on Windows after the beta. I suggest you grab hold
of your own Windows installation so that you can whack it locally until
it works, rather than waiting for buildfarm cycles.