Re: TAP / recovery-test fs-level backups, psql enhancements etc

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TAP / recovery-test fs-level backups, psql enhancements etc
Date: 2016-03-09 21:30:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Craig Ringer wrote:

> 004 allows filtering on RecursiveCopy by a predicate function. Needed for
> filesystem level backups (007). It could probably be squashed with 007 if
> desired.

I pushed this after some tinkering:

* filtering applies to all directory entries, not just files. So you
can filter a subdirectory, for example. If you have symlinks (which you
know this module will bomb out on) you can skip them too.

* The filter sub receives the path relative to the initial source dir,
rather than the absolute path. That part was just making it difficult
to use; in your POD example you were testing /pg_log/ as a regex, which
skipped the *files* but not the directory itself. Now you can do simply
"$var ne 'pg_log'". (Pallavi Sontakke implemented most of this.)

* Your test for "ref $filterfn" allowed any reference to be passed, not
just a code reference. I didn't test passing some other type of
reference; I assume you'd just get a very ugly error message.

Thanks,