Re: PostgreSQL Auditing

From: Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: curtis(dot)ruck(at)gmail(dot)com, José Luis Tallón <jltallon(at)adv-solutions(dot)net>, Curtis Ruck <curtis(dot)ruck+pgsql(dot)hackers(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Auditing
Date: 2016-02-02 21:50:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 08:28:54AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 02/02/2016 07:31 AM, curtis(dot)ruck(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
> >Its not available in rpm or premade binary forms in its current
> >instantiation, not a big deal for me, but it raises the barrier to
> >entry.
> >
> >If it was packaged into an RPM, what would be the process to get it
> >added to postgresql's yum repositories?
>
> Assuming it is not placed into core, we would need to work with the
> deb and rpm projects. Which I am sure we could (and would) do.

We are looking into packaging pgaudit for Debian.

However, then another question comes up: Should the 2nd Quadrant or the
Crunchy Data codebase be added to the distribution? Who gets to decide?

Alternatively, both could be added, but that will likely confuse users.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach