Re: Proposal: Generic WAL logical messages

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Proposal: Generic WAL logical messages
Date: 2016-01-07 15:24:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Petr Jelinek wrote:

> These messages just create WAL record with arbitrary data as specified by
> user. For standard WAL reply, these are basically noop, but in logical
> decoding they are be decoded and the special callback of the output plugin
> is be called for them.

I had a quick look at this and I couldn't find anything worthy of
comment -- seems a reasonably straightforward addition to stuff that's
mostly already there.

Process-wise, I don't understand why is Andres mentioned as co-author.
Did he actually wrote part of the patch, or advised on the design?
Who is reviewing the patch?