Re: bugs and bug tracking

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bugs and bug tracking
Date: 2015-10-07 18:05:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 10/07/2015 10:25 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Hmm, I guess we could have the bug form add
> > To: NNN(at)bugs(dot)postgresql(dot)org
> > CC: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
> > as headers, which should work for most people (since we reply-all), Josh
> > Berkus being the exception.
>
> Well, this will just give you more opportunities to ignore me.

Currently, it just means I have to look harder for stuff you post -- I
certainly do not ignore you. I worry that in the future it might mean
your messages don't make it to the "bug threads", if we have such a
thing. See my followup to Stephen,
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20151007175841.GE4405%40alvherre.pgsql
where some traffic was not present in the mailing list archives but it
does appear in the bug report itself. I think we need to make it very
hard for that to happen, and lack of CCs might become a problem.