Don'st start streaming after creating a slot in pg_receivexlog

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Subject: Don'st start streaming after creating a slot in pg_receivexlog
Date: 2015-07-29 07:37:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Heikki complained about pg_receivexlog --create-slot starting to stream
in his talk in St. Petersburg. Saying that that makes it a hard to
script feature - and I have to agree. Since that option is new to 9.5 we
can should change that behaviour now if we decide to.

Michael, what do you think?

Greetings,

Andres Freund