Re: Incorrect processing of CREATE TRANSFORM with DDL deparding

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Incorrect processing of CREATE TRANSFORM with DDL deparding
Date: 2015-05-25 15:52:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In ProcessUtilitySlow()@utility.c, for a node T_CreateTransformStmt,
> process does not return ObjectAddress. This makes process inconsistent
> with the other commands and the ObjectAddress passed to
> EventTriggerCollectSimpleCommand is not initialized.
> Coverity has pointed out the error, I just some legwork to sort out a fix.

Yeah, I had noticed this and was pretty annoyed because we ended up in
precisely the situation we didn't want to be: new code is added to
ProcessUtility that is not handled by the deparse framework. (I
don't know whether TRANSFORM went in first or deparse, but it doesn't
really matter.)

The fix as you say is pretty trivial, but I would like to use this is a
test case to ensure that we will catch all these mistakes in the future
too not only this particular one.