Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Triaging the remaining open commitfest items
Date: 2015-05-14 21:28:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2015-05-14 17:10:29 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> FWIW, I did go look at this patch, and concluded it was not close enough
> to ready to try to squeeze it in now. (I think Andres isn't convinced
> of that yet, but time grows short, and I quite agree with Robert that
> committing almost-ready patches at this stage of the game is a bad idea.)

I think if there's any patch that deserves some leeway it's this
one. It's been been forced into a limbo for nearly half a year; without
leaving Andrew many options.

I've removed the use of GroupedVars and Andrew is right now working on
structural changes. I'm not ready at this point to make a judgement.