Re: Shouldn't CREATE TABLE LIKE copy the relhasoids property?

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Shouldn't CREATE TABLE LIKE copy the relhasoids property?
Date: 2015-04-09 21:33:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 12:32:23PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Should this be listed in the release notes as a backward-incompatibility?
>
> Isn't this a backpatchable bug fix?

Uh, I don't think so. I think users are used to the existing behavior
and changing it on them will cause more harm than good. Also, we have
had zero field reports about this problem.

The updated attached patch handles cases where the default_with_oids =
true.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Everyone has their own god. +

Attachment Content-Type Size