Re: moving from contrib to bin

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: moving from contrib to bin
Date: 2015-03-10 13:48:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andres Freund wrote:

> Rebased (fair amount of trivial conflicts due to the copyright year
> bump) and attached as -MC style format-patch. If you look at the content
> of the patches you can see that the diff makes more sense now.

Ah --- I just realized that the change Peter is proposing from backslash
to forward slashes in the MSVC build stuff is related to testability of
this patch set in non-Windows environments. Can we get that patch done
please? It seems there's only a small bit missing there.

How do we go about getting these patches pushed?

Note that each utility we move to src/bin will create a new translatable
module for 9.5. It would be better to do it soon rather than waiting at
the very end of the cycle, so that translators have time to work through
the bunch of extra files.