Server side lo-funcs name

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Server side lo-funcs name
Date: 2013-06-10 00:16:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Recently we got a complain about server side large object function
names described in the doc:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/51B2413F.8010305@gmail.com

In the doc:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/lo-funcs.html

"There are server-side functions callable from SQL that correspond to
each of the client-side functions described above; indeed, for the
most part the client-side functions are simply interfaces to the
equivalent server-side functions"

From the description it is hard for users to find out server side
functions "loread" and "lowrite" becuase they are looking for
"lo_read" and "lo_write". So I think his complain is fair. Included
patches attempt to fix the problem.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan