Re: 9.2.3 crashes during archive recovery

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.2.3 crashes during archive recovery
Date: 2013-02-15 08:33:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry, I omitted to show how we found this issue.

In HA DB cluster cosists of Pacemaker and PostgreSQL, PostgreSQL
is stopped by 'pg_ctl stop -m i' regardless of situation.

On the other hand, PosrgreSQL RA(Rsource Agent) is obliged to
start the master node via hot standby state because of the
restriction of the state transition of Pacemaker,

So the simply stopping and then starting the master node can fall
into this situation.

> Hmm, I just realized a little problem with that approach. If you take
> a base backup using an atomic filesystem backup from a running server,
> and start archive recovery from that, that's essentially the same
> thing as Kyotaro's test case.

Regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi