Re: Hot Standby conflict resolution handling

From: Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot Standby conflict resolution handling
Date: 2013-01-17 03:56:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 2012-12-29 14:23:45 -0500, sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net wrote:

> Regarding the actual comment, here's the wording that I'd use:

Sorry for nitpicking, but "we can't long jumps" made me cringe.
Here's a slightly more condensed version:

/*
* We can't use ereport(ERROR) here, because any longjmps
* in DoingCommandRead state run the risk of violating our
* protocol or the SSL protocol, by interrupting OpenSSL in
* the middle of changing its internal state.
*
* Currently, the only option is to promote ERROR to FATAL
* until we figure out a better way to handle errors in this
* state.
*/

Patch along these lines attached, which also removes trailing
whitespace from the original patch.

-- Abhijit

Attachment Content-Type Size
clarify-fatal-error-in-conflict-resolution.diff text/x-diff 841 bytes