"global/pgstat.stat" corrupt

From: David Kerr <dmk(at)mr-paradox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "global/pgstat.stat" corrupt
Date: 2012-06-22 18:46:32
Lists: pgsql-performance

Howdy,

I just restored a DB from a cold backup (pg_ctl stop -m fast)

When starting the DB I see:
LOG: corrupted statistics file "global/pgstat.stat"

When I look at the filesystem I don't see a global/pgstat.stat file but i do see a
pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.stat

is that PG rebuilding the corrupt file?

Are those stats related to pg_stats style statistics?

Any idea why that pgstats.stat file would be corrupt after a relativly clean backup like that?