Re: Oracle to Postgres migration open source tool

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: akp geek <akpgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Lennin Caro <lennin(dot)caro(at)yahoo(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Oracle to Postgres migration open source tool
Date: 2011-07-07 16:29:45
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 12:01:56PM -0400, akp geek wrote:
> Thank you all for the responses. All we have is just table migrations, no
> procedures, triggers involved. I will try to do the migration using ora2pg.
> I downloaded it, while installing it I am getting an error. Will try to
> resolve that and proceed
>
> Writing
> /export/home/postgres/perl_5_10_0/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/sun4-solaris/auto/Ora2Pg/.packlist
> sh install_all.sh
> install_all.sh: test: argument expected
> gmake: *** [install_all] Error 1

It tries to test using a bunch of Oracle modules, and those modules
install with some sort of fake dependency (ISTR it was $ORACLE_HOME,
but it's a dim memory now -- there was something about installing
client-only libraries IIRC). So you have to bodge up your environment
to get the Perl modules installed, then you need to _re_-bodge to make
sure you're actually pointing at the actual Oracle installation you
want to use.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca