Re: FK disappeared in 8.3.3

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FK disappeared in 8.3.3
Date: 2010-11-22 15:57:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Kevin thanx,
I explicitly wrote that:
"One additional issue that is worsening our situation is that we dont have TCP/IP access to the vessel.
We only have term emulator (minicom) which dials up a remote mgetty
(which works only if the weather conditions are ok, and nothing else is broken: read if we are lucky)"
(which means that any upgrade ... aspirations are ... optimistic in the best case scenario.)
Now if what you asked is why didnt i upgrade the DB to whatever newest 8.3.* version existed
at the mid of July, the answer is that we have not done an upgrade plan yet, so yes we prefer to keep
the same version on all vessels, until we are capable (find resources/time) to design a proper upgrade
plan (i repeat we do not have TCP/IP access to the DBs)
(imagine having to upgrade 61 installations for which you dont have ssh/scp ;) sounds fun right? )

To your question about versions, yes both are 8.3.3, and the pg_dump used to diff the schemas was from 8.3.3

Στις Monday 22 November 2010 16:58:17 ο/η Kevin Grittner έγραψε:

--
Achilleas Mantzios