PG ODBC, Access, and connection limits

From: Benjamin Smith <lists(at)benjamindsmith(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-odbc" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PG ODBC, Access, and connection limits
Date: 2010-08-16 19:01:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Trying to support MS Access 2007 to our Postgres 8.4 databases with ODBC, and
running into connection limit problems.

It seems that Access opens a database connection for each linked table. Worse,
it maintains the connection even after the table is closed! I've tried going
in to enable connection pooling for the driver in the ODBC tab, and everything
else I could find a la google.

I'm going to bump up the limit from 1 to 10 for you in the meantime so that
you can be productive sooner rather than later and see if my pleas to the PG
support list are fruitful.

-Ben

believed to be clean.