Re: crash-recovery replay of CREATE TABLESPACE is broken in HEAD

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: crash-recovery replay of CREATE TABLESPACE is broken in HEAD
Date: 2010-07-18 15:54:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Maybe you should check that it points to the right location? Or drop and
> > recreate the symlink, and ignore failure at mkdir.
>
> More specifically, ignore EEXIST failure when replaying mkdir. Anything
> else is still a problem.

Thanks for the help. I tried to find somewhere else in our recovery
code that was similar but didn't find anything.

The attached patch does as suggested. I added the recovery code to the
create tablespace function so I didn't have to duplicate all the code
that computes the path names.

Attached.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
/pgpatches/tablespace_replay_fix text/x-diff 1.6 KB