Re: pg_stat_transaction patch

From: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Joel Jacobson <joel(at)gluefinance(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_stat_transaction patch
Date: 2010-05-07 02:19:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joel Jacobson <joel(at)gluefinance(dot)com> wrote:

> I propose a set of new statistics functions and system views.
>
> I need these functions in order to do automated testing of our system,
> consisting of hundreds of stored procedures in plpgsql.
> My plan is to develop some additional functions to pgTAP, benefiting from
> the new system tables I've added.

I ported your patch into 9.0beta, but it doesn't work well.
I had two assertion failures from the run.sql:

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(entry->trans == ((void *)0))", File: "pgstat.c", Line: 715)
TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(tabstat->trans == trans)", File: "pgstat.c", Line: 1756)

Also, pg_stat_transaction_functions returned no rows from the test case even
after I removed those assertions. There are no rows in your test/run.out, too.

I like your idea itself, but more works are required for the implementation.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_stat_transaction-9.0beta.patch application/octet-stream 23.1 KB