Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>, Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)toroid(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2010-01-18 15:52:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> 2010/1/18 Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>:

> > My question now is... what next? :)

Gee, I disappear for a week and look what happens -- we get streaming
replication, a revamped archives site, and maybe something else that I
haven't seen yet. I love it :-)

> If it wasn't for the fact that we're knee deep in two other major
> projects for the infrastructure team right now, I'd be all over this
> :-) But we really need to complete that before we put anything new in
> production here.
>
> What I'd like to see is one that integrates with our general layouts.

Yeah. I think that should be relatively simple to add. There are some
other things that need a bit of rejiggering too, like the thread index
at the bottom getting too wide with large threads, for example here:
http://archives.beccati.org/pgsql-hackers-history/message/90000.html