Re: Pretty printed trigger in psql

From: "Brad T(dot) Sliger" <brad(at)sliger(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pretty printed trigger in psql
Date: 2010-01-18 19:29:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tuesday 12 January 2010 01:06:22 Takahiro Itagaki wrote:
> Psql shows too many parentheses when it prints triggers with WHEN clause.
>
> postgres=# \d t1
> Table "public.t1"
> Column | Type | Modifiers
> --------+---------+-----------
> c1 | integer |
> Triggers:
> mytrig AFTER UPDATE ON t1 FOR EACH ROW
> WHEN ((old.c1 <> new.c1)) EXECUTE PROCEDURE myfunc()
> ^ ^
>
> The attached patch eliminates unneeded parentheses by using
> pg_get_triggerdef(pretty = true) in psql.
>
> Triggers:
> mytrig AFTER UPDATE ON t1 FOR EACH ROW
> WHEN (old.c1 <> new.c1) EXECUTE PROCEDURE myfunc()
>
> <snip>

Greetings,

I tried to apply this patch to the latest version of PostgreSQL in git (bbfc96e). Some of the patch did not apply. Please
find attached the output from patch. The full path of the ruleutils.c.rej is src/backend/utils/adt/ruleutils.c.rej

Thanks,

--bts

Attachment Content-Type Size
patch.output text/plain 2.1 KB