Re: Load experimentation

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Load experimentation
Date: 2009-12-07 19:48:40
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Monday 07 December 2009, Ben Brehmer <benbrehmer(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Disk Setup: Using a single disk Amazon image for the destination
> (database). Source is coming from an EBS volume. I didn't think there
> were any disk options in Amazon?

I don't think any Amazon cloud service is particularly well suited to a
database. Combined virtualized hosts with terrible I/O, and it's actually
hard to envision a worse place to run a database.

--
"No animals were harmed in the recording of this episode. We tried but that
damn monkey was just too fast."