Re: Set statement timeout in the query tool

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Set statement timeout in the query tool
Date: 2009-12-04 17:38:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le vendredi 4 décembre 2009 à 14:17:01, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> > I think the use-case is to have a default value for people who may
> > otherwise send off a query that takes way too long? But in that case,
> > it's probably better implemented as a default value on the server
> > side, no?
>
> If you decide something is taking too long, just hit the Stop button.
> I'm not sure I want a forced query timeout - I'd rather set one myself
> if I want to. I certainly don't want any queries (no matter how
> lightweight) to be added to my script when I hit Run.

Probably I did code too quickly. Rereading the thread with him, I have a
better answer for this guy. This seems to be so easy to do, that I didn't take
the time to think more, and just code it :)

We should probably drop this patch. I'll keep it in its git branch, because I
love the git branches and I hate losing something I wrote.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org