Re: Database reconnect patch

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database reconnect patch
Date: 2009-11-21 14:03:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le jeudi 19 novembre 2009 à 08:29:00, Dave Page a écrit :
> The attached patch against svn trunk is a first cut WIP offering an
> option in the main window to reconnect to the database server if the
> connection is lost.
>
> I'd appreciate some feedback please, and some thought given to the
> question "does this break anything in any non-obvious ways?"

I have tried it, and it works great. Anyways, I have one question: why does it
ask if we want to reconnect? psql doesn't ask and try to reconnect as soon as
it discovers the issue. I don't really understand what kind of issue a direct
reconnect will bring us.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org