Re: Fwd: Copy out wording

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Copy out wording
Date: 2009-09-17 21:50:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:

> >> Yes, much better IMO.
> >>

> > I have applied the attached documentation clarification patch, and
> > backpatched it to 8.4.X.
> >

> Why didn't you follow the wording I actually suggested, which had the
> virtue of being accurate.

I thought the problem was the use of the word "null string", which
clearly was confusing.

I have updated the docs to use your wording, with a little
clarification. The diff against yesterday's CVS is attached, which is
not smaller.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
/rtmp/diff3 text/x-diff 1.9 KB